Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"The World Repainted"

She walks past the mirror
there's a greyness in her eyes that she didnt see before
the world outside seems lonely and bleak,
the rain has washed away all of its beauty;
it's empty- no one makes a sound.


She walks through the familiar places
that were once so special, so beautiful
Now everything seems hazy;
she doesnt dare to touch a thing,
fearing it will fade away under her grasp.


She follows another pathway,
hoping to find something that will bring life
to her vanishing, grey world---
The road she takes has but a few faint footsteps on it,
somewhat resembling her own.


It takes her to the most glorious sight she has ever seen,
a single, rugged cross, shining brightly in the midst of the dying trees.
A small whisper brings the truth back into her ears.


She was here once, long ago, when her life was changed forever,
but she felt burdened by doubts and fears.
She closed her eyes, reached out and touched the cross,
and her world was repainted♥



No comments:

Post a Comment