Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"The Curse", Written 4-1-10

P.S. I wrote this poem before I heard about Twilight.. just so you know :)


With each breaking
of the dawn, the sun
lets out his battle cry.
Dodging white bullets he ascends
gracefully into the sky.

Up the same, sad hill
he must go- But look,
the earth is thriving below.

How he envies the growing
roots of the trees,
entwined in embrace;
How he longs to be
so firmly planted in his place.

One inch higher.
Each step more...
is one more fight for breath.
Yet higher he must climb;
He curses the pale, human candles:
"They would blow them out
if they could truly see her shine!"

Shining brightly was her dream, now lost;
She reaches out for him with an empty hope.
See all the flowers she has planted
while she waits for him!

"Tonight, I dreamed that we embraced,
but shortly it was through-
I will shine for her...
as I fade away, then tomorrow
I'll start anew."



No comments:

Post a Comment