Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Sunday, February 6, 2011

"Psalm of Praise" 3-10-08

A psalm is a poem. a song- an expression of worship, prayer, and praise (yes, I realized I just made my title sound pretty redudant =P). BUt, dear reader, the joke is on you, because I am keeping the psalm I wrote for Jesus and you get to read a Hebrew poem instead- don't be too upset it's a great psalm! ;)

... Oh fine, I'll give you a brief excerpt :)
"I cannot imagine life
without you...
e m p t y
worthless
living in a pit of sin and despair

and only digging the hole deeper;
swimming in circles
until I drown

But YOU LIFTED ME OUT
A blood-stained hand reached out to mine..."

I felt that my poem had a similar theme as Psalm 130- It addresses the depth of our sin and the despair we would have were it not for the great mercies of Christ! <3:

1 Out of the depths I cry to you, LORD;
 2 Lord, hear my voice.
Let your ears be attentive
   to my cry for mercy.
 3 If you, LORD, kept a record of sins,
   Lord, who could stand?
4 But with you there is forgiveness,
   so that we can, with reverence, serve you.
 5 I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in his word I put my hope.
6 I wait for the Lord
   more than watchmen wait for the morning,
   more than watchmen wait for the morning.
 7 Israel, put your hope in the LORD,
   for with the LORD is unfailing love
   and with him is full redemption.
8 He himself will redeem Israel
   from all their sins



No comments:

Post a Comment