Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Sunday, February 6, 2011

5-29-08

I never chose to give this poem a title- I think it adds to the idea of my frustration of not being able to express my thoughts. Although, in this case it was a good thing that I never told this particular boy that this poem was about him- I was so naive then =P

The words I cannot seem to find are
locked up,
                      chained down,
in a castle of fear and doubt.

I open my mouth to speak;
my heart rushed up to meet my tongue, but it will not,
cannot escape to you.

This music frees my soul /
makes my words dance like butterfiles / / /
now the fire within me shines-
brighter than I ever though it could.


This is an example of printamaking by Ortansa Moraru. It is entitled "Butterfly" and was created in 2003.
It uses black and white xylography on linden, printed on Japanese paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment