Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Cuore (Heart)

1 Corinthians 6:19-20

19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20  for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.




O heart! Cuore mio- 
Do not make haste to leap from your abode!
Do not rush to blend your beat with the rhythm of another.
Your lifeblood has been bought,
redeemed,
cleansed from self-love and bitter taste.

FORGET NOT whose lifeblood flows through your veins,
whose name you bear;
whose bride you will come to be.
Forsake not the pillar of Truth and Hope, your steadfast home!

Beat on, O heart; sound the drums of His calling;
touch every inch of this temple with your healing crimson tide!
Flow into this crown with thoughts of the Kingdom coming-
Hold fast! With your Savior sweetly abide.

2 comments:

  1. Can you please remove my heart painting from your blog entry, it is being downloaded by others and having all meta data and file names changed and being used for profit by others and violating my copyright.
    thanks corrine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah!! I'm so sorry about that :/ I got it from google images, I had no idea. Tis a beautiful painting though. Is there any way to tell which images from Google are ok to put on my blog? Thanks so much
      Julie B

      Delete