Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Response

This is a response to  my last poem "Lace and Love." It is amazing how in everything that is going on in my heart and life God is speaking to me and working in me... 2 Timothy 2:9- God's word can never be bound!



"Under the shadow of Your wings"-
You, who can never be held down,
choked up,
hemmed in,
or wrapped around.

So much stronger than the chains that I hold on to-
Your fingerprints on my heart
Remind me of who You are-

And I'm completely open, under view..
yes, darkness is as light to You.
I can't escape sin's crushing weight,
so I will run to the One who took my place.

No comments:

Post a Comment