Hello readers :) So as you may have noticed, this is my blog where I post "poetry of life." You should know a few things first, though: 1. I mainly write in free verse. I find that rhyme often constricts my thoughts- instead, I tend to focus on imagery and symbolism and use paragraph structure, rhythm, and color to further reflect my ideas. 2. I wrote most of these poems a while ago- meaning, I don't really like most of them =P But a writer has got to start somewhere! So bear with me :) 3. I'm too scared to put ALL of my poetry up.. some of it is a bit too personal. So this is simply a preview of me. Thanks for reading! LOVE, Julie

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Shadows

My shadow cast against the pavement
reminds me of the darkness from within.
It is not completely dead;
with each breath I take, it also fights for air.

In the stillness, I long for the moonlight
to sink deeply into my pores,
to consume me;
to redefine me;
to own me.

His beams linger on the surface of my skin,
emphasizing its pale imperfections,
drawing me to my knees.
I hear his voice: a crescendo, andante con amore:
"Return to Me."


No comments:

Post a Comment